Use iPiccy to Create a Facebook Profile Picture
The above image is a copy of my actual Facebook Cover and Profile Picture [Profile Picture is on the lower left–In the following post, I tellyou how to create the Facebook Cover Image: https://ipiccyphoto.wordpress.com/2014/06/06/use-ipiccy-to-create-a-facebook-cover-image/
The actual Facebook Profile Picture is below.
iccy has numerous Aspect Ratio options. These Apect Ratios are the proportions of images. A 5×7 image has one Aspect Ratio; an 8×10 has another. A scrapbook page or Instagram image is square. Being able to click on an Aspect Ratio appropriate for specific frames and/or web spaces simplifis the editing process.
Facebook Cover images are Square. Some editors call this 1:1 [This is also the same Aspect Ratio used by Instagram]
Follow these steps to create a poperly proportioned Facebook Profile Picture:
1. Go to http://ipiccy.com
2. Click on the yellow tab, which says Start Editing!
3. On the next screen [below] click on Upload Photo. The photo should open in the Editing Menu. The camera on the top bar should be yellow [highlighted]. [This is a photograph of a painting; but it is still a photo and will edit in the same way]
4. On the left menu, click Crop Picture.
5. Initially, the cropping size [indicated in the box on the left menu] will say “No Constraint”; and the area highlighted will not be the Aspect Ratio or dimensional proportion appropriate for a Facebook Cover. Clcik the arrow to the right of the word “No Constraints. [The arrow opens a drop down menu that offers Aspect Ratio choices.]
Browse until you find “Square.”
6. Click inside the area highlighted on the photo and move that area to the spot that you want to keep for your Facebook Profile Picture. Note: You can pull one of the tabs outward and enlarge the Square area or pull it inward to decrease the Square area. The size of the Square will change; but the Aspect Ratio [Proportion] will remain Square.
Composition Note: The Facebook Profile Photo will hide the lower left portion of the Facebook Cover Photo. I have placed a neutral part of the Facebook Cover Photo beneath where the Profile Image will appear. If the primary part of the cover image is facing one direction or another, it should face toward the area where the Profile picture will be placed. [It should face left]. [On the other hand, if the Profile Image faces one direction or another, it should face toward the cover image’s center of attention.] Because the images you initially chose might face the wrong direction, the photographs that you initially selected may not work. You may have to choose another photo and start over.
7. When you are satisfied with the area you have highlighted, click Apply in the box on the left.
8. To save the image, click on the last icon on the top editing bar — the Save icon.
9. Name the image that you are saving; and click Save to my computer.
Posted on June 6, 2014, in Aspect Ratio, Basic Editing Tools, iPiccy for Facebook and tagged Basic Editing Tools, How to Use Aspect Ratio in iPiccy, Use iPiccy to Create a Facebook Profile Picture. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.